Sunday 16 November 2014

Warfare 2014 - A Show in Reading

Headed down the M4 to Reading yesterday with my good friend Paul. Spent a bit of money, caught up with a few people and still got home in time to watch the rugby.

Until I get round to writing a proper report please see a selection of photos from the day..first up a few shots from the trading hall.





In one of the squash courts there were a number of Starship battles



 


There were a number of participation games in the main hall...










Back to the squash courts..Warhammer Ancient Battles...






The next two photos give a sense of the competitive scale of this event..




I love that purple worm...



 
 
 







Until next time...











10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pics. I was there for only a very short time since I had taken my little daughter with me. She seemed to have liked the miniatures men and the sceneries. Maybe a future convert ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fab; thanks for sharing. What was the dungeon crawl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't actually know but it looked great !

      Delete
    2. The dungeon crawl was the alpha version of the new Otherworld Miniatures game. The rules are being written by the 7TV guys, so should be really good fun

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the pics. That dungeon crawl is awesome. Looked like the Otherworld board I think

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's me in the second photo talking to Matt from Glenbrook Games!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done for making it on to Shed Wars Hall of Fame...sorry no prizes this time

      Delete
  5. My wife's reaction to the SAD Ancients game was "You're not going to start that are you? That looks like a lot f models to paint!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the photos- Cremona is a battle close to my heart! The English Civil War game looks brilliant, love the fur.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing these images. Some nice looking battlefields.

    ReplyDelete