Thursday 1 September 2016

Colonial Wars - British Army part 2

Hi Folks

Still pushing on with the Zulu Wars British and I hate to say it but they are taking so much longer than the Zulus. Thank god I am only painting 100 of these boys.

Part 1 can be found here

http://shedwars.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/colonial-wars-british-army-started.html

Since my last report I have now painted all the jackets, trousers, boots and some of the helmets on the plastic Warlord troops.  You can see them all ranked up in the tray.





More progress has been made on the Black Tree British. These are all but finished. They just need some touch ups, a dip and then a varnish. These are not quite so neat.



I did however decide to push on with one figure to complete him. Aside from the base he is done. Not the best paint job in the world (the photo never lies) but they look good on the table.






I am going to try and finish all of these in the next two weeks

part 3 here

http://shedwars.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/colonial-wars-british-army-part-3.html
More soon

6 comments:

  1. He looks fine, especially when ranked up with 99 others. As ever impressive output.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they look good to me, too. I'm looking forward to seeing them in action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A veritable painting machine....looking forward to seeing them on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recommend the newish metallic sharpie pens - gold , silver etc for adding finishing touches such as musket / rifle details .

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Brits look great, especially when you see the whole bunch of them!

    @Rolf THANK YOU! I've never thought about that, but I'll definitely give it a try.

    ReplyDelete